The Nominating Committee shall: GAGOP 2021 Manuel
1. Make nominations to the Convention as a whole for any positions be elected by the convention. For County Conventions, the positions for which nominations are to be made are as follows:
●Delegates and Alternates to the State Convention
●Delegates and Alternates to the District Convention
●County officers For District Conventions, the positions for which nominations are to be made are as follows:
●Members elected to the State Committee
2.Interview candidates, deliberate, and vote on recommendations to the Convention. Depending on the number of positions to be filled, several meetings of the Committee may be necessary in advance of the date of the Convention as well as during the Convention.
3.Delegates and Alternates may not be paired [Rule 9.10(B)(4)]. This means that you may not recommend or specify that a particular Alternate shall fill the position of a particular Delegate should that Delegate not be present.
4.Delegates and Alternates nominated must be resident, registered voters of the jurisdiction they are to represent, but they are not required to be in attendance at the Convention at which they are elected.
11.4 EMERGENCY PROVISIONS
Notwithstanding any other provision in these Rules to the contrary, in the event the Governor declares that a state of emergency or disaster exists pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 38-3-51 or a federal agency declares that a state of emergency or disaster exists that prevents the conduct of GRP State Convention or Congressional District Convention activities, the State Executive Committee is empowered, at the recommendation of the State Chairman, to authorize the following actions subject to any necessary waivers from the Republican National Committee:
1) The conduct of the business of the State Convention or District Conventions remotely, by electronic means or written mail communication.
2) The election of the National Committeewoman and National Committeeman by one of these alternative methods: A) vote of the State Committee; B) vote of the State Committee augmented by County Party Chairs or C) vote of the Georgia Delegation to the Republican National Convention, including by electronic means or written mail communication.
3) The election of at-large National Convention Delegates and Alternate Delegates by one of these alternative methods: A) vote of the State Committee or B) vote of the State Committee augmented by County Party Chairmen, including by electronic means or written mail communication.
4) The election of Congressional District National Convention Delegates and Alternate Delegates by one of these alternative methods: A) vote of Congressional District Committees; B) vote of the State Committee; C) vote of State Committee augmented by County Party Chairmen or D) vote of caucuses of the State Committee members from each District, including votes by electronic means or written mail communication.
5) The allocation and binding of National Convention Delegates and Alternate Delegates by the State Committee in the event the Georgia Presidential Preference Primary is held after said Delegates and Alternate Delegates are selected or elected, as provided in this Rule, in a winner-take-all manner that requires Delegates and Alternate Delegates to support the candidate to whom such Delegates and Alternates are bound until such candidate is either nominated by the Republican National Convention or receives less than 35 percent of the votes for nomination at the Republican National Convention during any balloting, or until such candidate releases the delegates from such pledge.
In the furtherance of these emergency provisions, the State Chairman is empowered to waive deadlines in the Call of the Convention.